Due to the Coved-19 Pandemic, Visitation is currently suspended at the Southside Regional Jail.
Local custody (Emporia & Greensville) Visitation Information
- Local custody inmates are allowed to have two (2) fifteen (15) minute visits per week. Inmates will be allowed to change their list once every 30 days. Visitors must be on the approved visitor list.
- Visiting days for local custody male inmates held in HB300 & HB400 are on Thursdays from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
- Visiting days for local custody male inmates held in HA200, HA300, HA400 are on Sundays from 9:00 am until 11:00 am.
- Visiting days for local custody male inmates held in HA500 & HA600 are on Sundays from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm.
- Visiting days for all female inmates are Sundays from 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm.
- Visiting days for the Special Purpose Unit inmates are on Wednesdays from 8:00 am. until 10:00 pm. Inmates that are housed in the Special Purpose Unit that are eligible for visits are limited to two (2) fifteen (15) minute visits per week.
- Visiting Days for Page County Inmates are on Saturdays from 8:00 to 11:00 pm.
- Inmates with disciplinary restrictions will not be allowed visitors when such sanctions have been imposed.
- Inmates that have visitors who must travel more than 50 miles may receive a 30 minute visit, if approved by the Shift Commander.
- No special visits are allowed except for the Inmate's Attorney, Minister, or Probation/Parole Officer.
- All visits are non-contact visits. The only exception is a visit with the Inmate's Attorney, Probation/Parole Officer, or a Mental Health Counselor.
- Photo ID's are required of all visitors.
- Hand bags, purses, backpacks, cell phones, cameras, or any other personal items shall be left in the vehicle.
- Anyone who is intoxicated shall be denied access into the facility and may be subject to arrest.
- All visits are at the Shift Commander's discretion. To confirm that visitation will occur as scheduled; call the Southside Regional Jail Visitation Hotline at (434) 634-7106 before traveling to the jail. Extension 300 gives the Visiting Schedule and Extension 305 gives updated Visitation Information.
- Any visitor that violates Visitation rules may be banned from Visitation.
- No see through clothing
- No Bathing Suits
- No tank tops, halter tops, tube tops, or crop tops
- No clothing that exposes the stomach, back, shoulders, chest, midriff, or under arms
- No mini skirts
- Dresses, shorts, and skirts must be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee
- Shoes must be worn
- No clothing with obscene language or pictures
- No clothing resembling security uniforms or inmate clothing
- No items of clothing deemed inappropriate by the Shift Commander